Jacqueline A. Samson, PhD
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Part-Time
Jacqueline A. Samson, PhD, is a clinical associate at McLean Hospital and an assistant professor of psychology in the Department of Psychiatry, part-time, at Harvard Medical School. Her chief research interests involve understanding the biopsychosocial underpinnings of depressive illnesses, particularly the contributions of developmental trauma to psychopathology.
Dr. Samson is active in both teaching and research and maintains a clinical practice in adult psychotherapy. She is a recipient of numerous awards including a 2013 Media Award: Written from the International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation.
Education & Training
- 1976 BS in Psychology, Emmanuel College
- 1980 MA in Psychology, Boston College
- 1983 PhD in Psychology, Boston College
- 1983-1985 Fellow, Clinical Research Training Program, Harvard Medical School/Massachusetts Mental Health Center
- 1991-1993 Clinical Psychology Intern, McLean Hospital
- 1987 Licensed Psychologist, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 1993 Licensed Health Service Provider, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 2000 Certified Cognitive Therapist, Academy of Cognitive Therapy