Perspectives of Individuals Affected by Borderline Personality Disorder
Two individuals affected by borderline personality disorder share their personal experiences.
Our speakers share their experiences in joining the public campaign Deconstructing Stigma: Changing Attitudes About Mental Health.
They discuss what led them to participate in the campaign, and the response they have received from family, friends, and strangers as a result of participating. Our speakers also share resources that have been helpful to them.
Part of the BPD Patient and Family Webinar Series.
Find access to additional information discussed during the talk:
- Headspace app – provides guided meditation
- Calm app - meditation app like Headspace
- The Mighty – website that publishes real stories by real people facing real challenges
- Autobiography in Five Short Chapters – Portia Nelson
- The Happiness Trap: How to Stop Struggling and Start Living: A Guide to ACT – by Russ Harris
- Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things – Jenny Lawson’s memoir about a woman living with mental illness
- Reddit: r/BPD and r/BPDSOFFA – use at your own caution, other subreddits like to bash those with BPD and can occasionally pop up in these spaces
- Instagram – @abiihilton, @the_bipolar_barbie
- Songs: “Habits (Stay High)” by Tove Lo and “Liability” by Lorde – these songs seem to describe the key elements of BPD perfectly
- Wikipedia and Google! – find research studies and psychology journal publications, as well as education on BPD clinical items