Soohyun Park, PhD
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Geriatric Psychiatry Research Program, Spirituality and Mental Health Program
- Clinical Fellow in Psychology, Department of Psychiatry
Dr. Soohyun Park received her PhD in clinical psychology, with a concentration in geropsychology, from the University of Alabama, where her program of research focused on integrating genetic, environmental, and psychosocial protective/risk factors for cognitive aging and racial/ethnic disparities in geriatric cognitive and mental health. She completed the APA-accredited clinical psychology internship at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, with an emphasis in cognitive behavior therapy (CBT).
Dr. Park is currently a post-doctoral research fellow at McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School in the Geriatric Psychiatry Research Program and the Spirituality and Mental Health Program. Her research uses an epigenetic approach to find out modifiable risk/protective factors to promote the late-life mental and cognitive health of racially and ethnically diverse older adults.
Education & Training
- 2011 BA in Psychology, Korea University
- 2013 MA in Clinical and Counseling Psychology, Korea University
- 2021 PhD in Clinical Psychology, Clinical Geropsychology Concentration, University of Alabama
- 2020-2021 APA-Accredited Clinical Psychology Pre-Doctoral Internship, Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy Track, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- 2021-Present Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship, McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School