Lisa W. Coyne, PhD
Senior Clinical Consultant, Child and Adolescent OCD Institute
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Department of Psychiatry, Part-Time
Lisa W. Coyne, PhD, is an assistant professor of psychology in the Department of Psychiatry, part-time, at Harvard Medical School, and is a senior clinical consultant at the Child and Adolescent OCD Institute (OCDI Jr.) at McLean Hospital. She is also an associate clinical professor at Suffolk University in Boston, a licensed clinical psychologist, and an internationally recognized acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) trainer.
Dr. Coyne has published numerous peer-reviewed articles and chapters on anxiety, OCD, and parenting. She is the author of “The Joy of Parenting: An Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Guide to Effective Parenting in the Early Years,” a book for parents of young children.
Education & Training
- 1993 BS in Psychology/English/Philosophy, University of Scranton
- 2002 MA in Clinical Psychology, University of Mississippi
- 2004 PhD in Clinical Psychology, University of Mississippi
- 2005 Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Warren Alpert Medical School, Brown University
- 2010 Licensed Psychologist, Board of Registration of Psychologists, Commonwealth of Massachusetts